Facebook Twitter google+ TripAdvisor

History of the castle


When Ernest Josef Pachta of Rájov, the owner of Liblice estate, decided to build his new manor (1699 - 1706), he chose Italian architect Giovanni Battista Alliprandi, native from North Laine, who worked in Prague that days. Alliprandi was trained in a craft of Francesco Martinelli in Vienna . He is famous in the Czech Republic, in addition to the construction of Chateau Liblice, for a number of important buildings to noble families Černínů, Přehorovských or Špork.

Alliprandi in the construction of the chateau in Liblice takes the concept of the Viennese architect Johanna Bernharda Fischer von Erlach. The lock has thus elliptical base. Alliprandi gave up the plastic decorative elements to achieve monumental effect. Lock core is a cylindrical structure of the main hall, which permeates the building and surpasses it. Ground-central part occupied sala terrena, first and second floor permeates the ceremonial hall in the middle floor is the observation pavilion with additionally installed windows. The middle oval is connected from both sides with rectangular wings, in which they were living and operating room. They have a deep concave sides notching. The ceremonial hall is connected with a balcony decorated with a pair of children's characters the vases on sides. These sculptures come from the workshop of leading Prague sculptor Ignaz Franz Platzer. From the second half of the 18th century is also illusory painting under the balcony and rich decoration of sala terrena on the ground.

Prohlídky zámku 03

Pachta sold Liblice castle in the first half of the 19th century to Frederick Deym of Střítež. In 1863 Vojtěch Deym sold the castle and lands to Countess Antonia von Wallenstein, who carried out extensive modifications in the then contemporary neo-Renaissance style. From this period comes sandstone staircase leading to the second floor and wall colors by Emil Laufera, showing the entrance of Albrecht von Wallenstein in Prague and scenes of battles in which he participated as well.


After Antonia von Wallenstein inherited the property her daughter Christiana Thun Hohenstein. This family owned Chateau Liblice until 1945, when the castle became the property of the state. Christiana is buried in the family tomb in the castle grounds.
In 1952 the entire building was awarded the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, later the Czech Academy of Sciences, which ownes the property until this day.
In 2007, with the contribution of EU funds, the extensive reconstruction of the castle was completed. It transformed Liblice castle into a modern conference and educational and cultural center, small stylish castle hotel with restaurants and a relaxing wellness center. It offers comfort and hospitality to all clients who are traveling for a business or leisure. Comfortably furnished rooms, a wide variety of restaurants and excellently equipped meeting rooms for different types of events for our guests guarantee your pleasant stay.
Have a question? Contact Us! Share with friends:
Contact Us
Contacts Map


Certificate Certificate Certificate Certificate Certificate